(Good news, happenings, publications, awards, and general good stuff by/with/for our poets & writers.)
- Feeding the Dead was released just this month!
- “Our Bodies Are More Than 50 Percent Water” is up in Waxwing.
- “In the Hand, In the Bush” appears in Whale Road Review.
- Published a review of Portrait of the Alcoholic (by Kaveh Akbar) in Tinderbox Poetry Journal.
- The Girl is now available for pre-order & releases the first week of April!
- Three poems this month in Masque & Spectacle!
- “Self-Portrait As So Much Potential” appears in The New York Times Magazine.
- Three poems in minor literature[s].
- Three poems up at Hobart!
- “What Will Survive of Us Is Love” appears in Hermeneutic Chaos Journal.
- “Even a Song” appears in Southern Women’s Review this month!
- “Flowers at Lunch” appears in Quaint Magazine issue 6.
- work in Southern Women’s Review this month!
- “Evaluating an Elegy Based on a Rubric” appears in Tinderbox Poetry Journal. You can hear it as well as read it there.
- Sarah’s Exhibition Catalogue Pamphlet from the Grimm Forest Open Air Museum has been accepted by Yellow Flag Press! Congrats, Sarah! ❤
Ghost Tongue (Porkbelly Press, 2016)
by Nicole Rollender » nicolerollender.com
- Congrats on a 2017 New Jersey Council on the Arts poetry fellowship!
- Nicole has joined the staff of Thrush as an associate editor.
- Hear Nicole read “Gift” published in Tinderbox Poetry Journal.
- (Essay) “The Obligation to Be Happy” reprinted, originally appearing in Ruminate Magazine‘s blog in 2014.
How to Leave a Farmhouse (Porkbelly Press, 2015)
by Beth McDermott
- new work appears in Bayou issue 66!
Apples or Pomegranates (Porkbelly Press, 2017)
by Anita Olivia Koester » www.anitaoliviakoester.com
- poem “Tapestry with White Columns” won the Sable Books Poetry of Protest contest judged by Shadab Zeest Hashmi
- Prophet Fever (Hyacinth Girl Press, 2016) was nominated for an Elgin Award.