(News, events, & good things from our poets & writers.)
- A new interview over at Speaking of Marvels! One of our favorite pieces of advice, aside from ditching projects that suck: “Have a cat. He will love you no matter how many words you can put together.”
- Sonya’s Salt is for Curing (Sator Press) is going into a fourth printing!
- article “Stripcraft: Lux ATL’s Spells for the Revolution” up at Slutist.
- co-guest edited Anthropoid‘s Folk issue.
- A Map of the Farm… was released early this month!
- an interview over at Writer’s Digest (via Robert Lee Brewer).
- “Happy/Hollow” and “Everything I Know About Life I Learned from 1980s Action Shows” are up at Split Lip Magazine.
- BIG CONGRATS to Amorak on an NEA creative writing fellowship! 😀
- A Map of the Farm… is reviewed by Donna Vorreyer at The Rumpus.
Feeding the Dead (Porkbelly Press, 2017)
by M. Brett Gaffney
- “How to Know if Your House is Haunted and What to Do” is up at Apex.
The Autobiography of a Love Not Mine (Porkbelly Press, 2014)
by Hilda Weaver
- Hilda’s poem “Fear in the Stretch of Years” is out via Pidgeonholes.
- in these cups (Dancing Girl Press, 2016) by Wild Soft is available.
- how wild & soft you are (Hermeneutic Chaos Press, 2016) by Wild Soft is also out!
- Ghost Tongue is beautifully reviewed at Screaming with Brevity.
bindweed & crow poison: small poems of stray girls, fierce women (Porkbelly Press, 2016)
by Robin Turner
- a micro review of Robin’s chapbook via James Brush & Via Negativa.
Apples or Pomegranates (Porkbelly Press, forthcoming 2017)
by Anita Olivia Koester
- Anita is winner of the Midwest Gothic Lake Prize, poetry.
- her work received a Pushcart nomination from Shot Glass Journal.
inter: burial places (Porkbelly Press, 2016)
by Billie R. Tadros
- inter: burial places was released in late December 2016!
Lost Birds of the Iron Range (Porkbelly Press, 2017)
by Amber Edmondson
Ghost Skin (Porkbelly Press, 2016)
by Wren Hanks
- Mark your calendars! Wren’s release party for this book is scheduled at Berl’s Brooklyn Poetry Shop on January 7th, 2017 from 6-9pm.
midnight blue (Porkbelly Press, 2015)
by Vanessa Jimenez Gabb
- Vanessa will also be reading at Berl’s Brooklyn Poetry Shop on January 7th, perhaps even from her own Porkbelly Press title, midnight blue, and probably from her very recently released full-length book!
Set the Garden on Fire (Porkbelly Press, 2015)
by Chen Chen
- Chen’s forthcoming book, When I Grow Up, I Want to be a List of Further Possibilities (BOA Editions), is listed as one of the most anticipated titles of 2017 (in an article at Bustle).
- Chen is co-editor of a newly launched journal Underblong.
- Pushcart nomination from Gulf Coast Journal for “Self Portrait as So Much Potential.”
- Pushcart nomination from Two of Cups Press, publisher of Kissing the Sphinx.
- another Pushcart nomination from The Account: A Journal of Poetry, Prose, and Thought.
- Check out some of his new work in IDK Magazine‘s 3rd issue.