December (1830) is the month in which both Emily Dickinson and Susan Huntington Gilbert Dickinson were born. For that reason, we’ve decided to read for the anthology (mostly) in December. Dec 5, 2014 – Jan 5, 2015.
Emily is a collection of poetry&prose inspired by the works, life, and letters of Emily Dickinson. The anthology is to be split into several sections, each loosely clustered around one of the major themes&image in her works. We’re looking for all kinds of work for this anthology, be it poetry, prose, creative nonfiction, artwork, doodles, notes, short critical essays, illustrated narratives, comics, or illustrations. Full guidelines can be found on our Anthologies page.
- 3 to 5 poems (no more than 10 pages)
- 3 micro & flash fictions (no more than 1,500 words total)
- personal essay & excerpts no longer than 2,000 words
- short essays (no more than 2,000 words)
- up to 5 artworks, illustrations, comic pages, scans of notes/sketches, photos (JPGs)
We request FNASR & the right to archive your work on our SW or PP website (Archival Rights).
Payment is made in one limited edition copy of the resulting anthology.
If you have a website, and would like it linked, we’ll do so from the contributor section of our site, along with a bio.
(listed at Duotrope)